The images coming from Houston and the surrounding communities in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey have been horrific. The Red Cross states that Hurricane Harvey is the “most deadly and devastating hurricane forecast to strike [the] U.S. in over a decade.” In wake of this unprecedented storm, ACVIM has pledged to donate $10,000 to the Texas Veterinary Medical Foundation (TVMF) to go towards the Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
In addition, ACVIM wants to help our members double their personal contributions. Members can request matching funds for their own donations. ACVIM will match dollar for dollar, personal donations made by Diplomates to any organization providing support to animal or veterinarian disaster victims affected by Hurricane Harvey, up to a total of $20,000 from ACVIM.
How to Apply for Matching Funds:
To apply for a matching gift, first send your gift to the organization and then send verification receipt of your original donation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a brief synopsis about the organization, the gift and the use of the funds in your email. If there are any problems or questions, you will be contacted, as will the recipient organization if needed.
ACVIM will generally review matching gift applications every two weeks and, if approved, will be paid. There is no expedited processing for this program.
How does it work on the charity's end after I've submitted an application via the website?
Once you have submitted the information for a matching gift via the ACVIM Matching Gift Program, the recipient organization will be verified as eligible according to the program’s policy. If there are any problems or questions, you will be contacted, as will the recipient organization. If all requirements are met, the ACVIM will make a matching donation.
What organizations are eligible to receive matching gifts?
Any charitable organization providing support to animal or veterinarian disaster victims affected by Hurricane Harvey provided that use of the funds is restricted to hurricane relief purposes only.
Who reviews and approves the match?
The Program's approval of a matching gift request is entirely discretionary and will be based on the guidelines and verification of the gift. The ACVIM Board of Regents has the final say in all decisions regarding the matching gift program and any individual gifts.
General Restrictions and Conditions
• All donations to be matched must be from your personal assets (or assets shared with your spouse or domestic partner) and provided on your own behalf.
• Requests must be received by the ACVIM from a Diplomate within 90 days after the donation was made.
• If additional information is requested by the ACVIM, requests that remain unverified by the recipient longer than 90 days will be rejected.
• ACVIM has the final say in all decisions regarding the matching gift program.
• By applying for a match gift, you and acknowledging and agreeing that your gift is in compliance with the program’s rules and procedures.
• Neither you nor any member of your family may receive a financial benefit in return for your donation or the ACVIM match.
It is important to note these program conditions:
• This program is discretionary and subject to change or cancellation at any time by the ACVIM.
• All matching gifts are within ACVIM’s discretion, and the ACVIM has the right to deny any matching gift request as well as to seek or review additional information about the request.
• ACVIM cannot guarantee the confidentiality of matching gift requests or payments.