This course is geared to Small Animal Internal Medicine Diplomates and Candidates who wish to increase their knowledge and expertise in abdominal ultrasound. Through the use of lecture and hands-on ultrasound wet labs, participants will be given instruction on normal abdominal ultrasound anatomy and appearance, as well as the appearance of disease in the liver, spleen, kidneys, bladder, adrenal glands, pancreas, and GI tract. Each lab station will be supervised by a Board-certified veterinary radiologist or radiology resident.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
Your registration fee includes:
- Create and maintain the optimal image on your ultrasound machine
- Recognize normal and abnormal appearance of the liver and spleen, including utilization of the intercostal windows
- Recognize normal and abnormal appearance of the kidneys and bladder
- Recognize normal and abnormal appearance of the GI tract and pancreas
- Recognize normal and abnormal appearance of the adrenal glands and abdominal lymph nodes
- Recognize normal and abnormal appearance of thoracic disease
- Understand techniques of ultrasound guided biopsy
- Lecture Proceedings
- Daily refreshment breaks and snacks
- Lunch Friday and Saturday
- Transportation between the Courtyard Marriott Last Vegas Henderson/Green Valley and the Oquendo Center
RACE Application Status:
This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for 19 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.
The Oquendo Center
2425 E. Oquendo Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89120
The course will be conducted at The Oquendo Center, a state-of-the-art medical facility which hosts a wide range of veterinary events, including hands-on labs, lectures, workshops, symposiums and demonstrations. The Oquendo Center is conveniently located about one mile from the Las Vegas McCarran International Airport and 3 miles from the Courtyard hotel.
For more information about The Oquendo Center, please click here.
Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Henderson / Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Parkway
Henderson, NV 89014
ACVIM group rate: $99.00 + tax per night. Rate includes hot breakfast voucher for use in the Bistro dining area.
How to Make Your Reservation:
- Phone: (702) 434-4700
- Online: Click here to reserve your room online.
ACVIM group rate available until March 4, 2019 or until sold out, whichever comes first.
Please check your hotel reservation confirmation for reservation change and cancellation policy.
Complimentary transportation will be provided between the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Henderson / Green Valley and The Oquendo Center. Schedule will be announced 1-2 weeks prior to the course start date.
**Please note – if you are not staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Last Vegas Henderson / Green Valley hotel, then breakfast will be on your own**