The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM), the national certifying organization for veterinary specialists in large and small animal internal medicine, cardiology, neurology and oncology, currently has 26 ACVIM student chapters at AVMA certified veterinary colleges and universities in North America.
There are many advantages of becoming an affiliate of an ACVIM Student Chapter, or establishing a new chapter through an AVMA accredited university or college.
Benefits of joining and/or establishing an AVMA accredited university or college chapter include:
- Student affiliates learn how to become a Board-certified specialist.
- Student affiliates will be educated on how the referral process serves as a partnership between veterinarians, animal owners and specialists.
- The chapter may be involved in the organization of scholarly activities, speaking engagements and symposiums that benefit and help educate the chapter’s student affiliates.
- All students have open access online to the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Students can attend the annual ACVIM Forum at a reduced early registration fee of $35.
For more information on joining an existing chapter, or establishing a new one, please refer to Student Chapter Information in the menu on the left. If you have any questions, please contact your chapter's president, or Marian Tuin at ACVIM's central office, Email | Marian@ACVIM.org, Tel | 800.245.9081 (USA and Canada), or 303.231.9933.
June 14-16, 2018
Washington State Convention Center (WSCC)
Registration opens January 2018. For documentation that you are enrolled as a student you can email or fax a copy of your student ID, transcript, schedule or a letter from your institution.
We'll plan an exciting event just for students!