Each ACVIM Student Chapter is required to have a faculty advisor who is Diplomate of the ACVIM.
- The advisor must be an ACVIM Diplomate in good standing with
- Faculty advisors must be affiliated with a veterinary school in a professional position, either as a faculty member and/or clinician.
- A co-advisor may be an ACVIM Diplomate who is not within the University or College and is in private practice.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent and promote the ACVIM to student affiliates.
- Commit to a two-year term that may be repeated.
- Contact Student Chapter President(s) to coordinate semester activities.
- Attend Student Chapter functions and activities as much as possible, especially when all students, mentors, and advisors are scheduled to be present.
- Promote and provide leadership in the organization of scholarly activities, speaking engagements, symposiums, and fund-raising activities with the Student Chapter.
- Develop and maintain communication with the dean’s office to keep it informed of ACVIM on-campus activities.
- Selection Process
- The advisor, provided he or she meets the aforementioned criteria, shall be elected by the procedure in Article I, Section 4 of the Student Chapter Bylaws.