This two-day course provides attendees the opportunity to practice advanced neurosurgical techniques under the guidance of expert neurosurgeons, while sharing experiences with other participants.The program consists of short presentations followed by hands-on labs in which participants will have the opportunity to learn and practice a wide variety of neurosurgical approaches and techniques. Completion of this course fulfills one of the requirements for the ACVIM Certificate of Neurosurgery Training.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Obtain working knowledge of the various approaches to the brain and spine; including an understanding of regional anatomy and specific surgical tips and techniques.
• Become familiar with the indications and potential complications of specific neurosurgical procedures.
• Gain experience using neurosurgical instruments; including drills, plates, pins, screws and ventriculoperitoneal shunts.
– coming soon!
Your registration fee includes:
• Lecture Proceedings
RACE Application Status:
• Refreshment breaks and snacks, and lunch on Friday and Saturday
• Transportation between host hotel and the Oquendo Center
This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for 18.5 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.
The Oquendo Center
2425 E. Oquendo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89120
The course will be conducted at The Oquendo Center, a state-of-the-art medical facility which hosts a wide range of veterinary events, including hands-on labs, lectures, workshops, symposiums and demonstrations. The Oquendo Center is conveniently located about one mile from the Las Vegas McCarran International Airport and 3 miles from the Courtyard hotel.
For more information on The Oquendo Center, please click here.
The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) is currently seeking sponsorship for the Advanced Techniques in Neurosurgery. This two-day course provides attendees the opportunity to practice advanced neurosurgical techniques under the guidance of expert neurosurgeons while sharing experiences with other participants.
This is a great opportunity for veterinary industry companies to network with a small targeted audience of ACVIM Diplomates and candidates and in a group setting where one-on-one relationships can be developed and nurtured.
• Attendee morning and afternoon Breaks - $1,500.00
• Attendee Lunches - $3,000
• Attendee Welcome Reception - $2,500
• Speaker Dinners - $1,200.00
• Complimentary 8ft table display close to meeting area
• Your company logo and recognition on signage
• Your company recognition in attendee course materials
• Recognition on the course website.
• Complimentary refreshments throughout the course and two complimentary lunches
• Complimentary attendee mailing list for a one time use
For more information about Sponsorship opportunities contact:
ACVIM Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships
Leah@ACVIM.org | cell: 303-358-0194