This two-day course provides attendees the opportunity to practice advanced neurosurgical techniques under the guidance of expert neurosurgeons while sharing experiences with other participants.
The program consists of short presentations followed by hands-on labs in which participants learn and practice a wide variety of neurosurgical approaches and techniques. Specific procedures include rostral and caudal fossa craniotomies, ventriculoperitoneal shunt placement, spinal fixation, partial corpectomy, and lumbosacral foraminotomy.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Obtain a working knowledge of the various approaches to the brain and spine, including an understanding of regional anatomy and specific tips and techniques.
- Become familiar with the indications and potential complications of specific neurosurgical procedures.
- Gain experience using neurosurgical instruments including drills, plates, pins, screws and ventriculoperitoneal shunts.
Please click here for the course agenda
Your registration fee includes:
- Lecture Proceedings
- Daily refreshment breaks and snacks
- Lunch Friday and Saturday
- Transportation between the Courtyard Marriott Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley and the Oquendo Center
RACE Application Status"
This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for 16 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize RACE approval.
The Oquendo Center
2425 E. Oquendo Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89120
The course will be conducted at The Oquendo Center, a state-of-the-art medical facility which hosts a wide range of veterinary events, including hands-on labs, lectures, workshops, symposiums and demonstrations. The Oquendo Center is conveniently located about one mile from the Las Vegas McCarran International Airport and 3 miles from the Courtyard hotel.
For more information about The Oquendo Center, please click here.
Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Henderson / Green Valley
2800 North Green Valley Parkway
Henderson, NV 89014
ACVIM group rate: $99.00 + tax per night. Rate includes hot breakfast voucher for use in the Bistro dining area.
How to Make Your Reservation: Link & Phone Number Coming Soon
ACVIM group rate available until July 22, 2019 or until sold out, whichever comes first. Please check your hotel reservation confirmation for reservation change and cancellation policy.
Complimentary transportation will be provided between the Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas Henderson / Green Valley and The Oquendo Center. Schedule will be announced 1-2 weeks prior to the course start date.
**Please note – if you are not staying at the Courtyard by Marriott LastVegas Henderson / Green Valley hotel, then breakfast will be on your own**