As an ACVIM member Diplomate,
you're part of a group of dedicated veterinary specialists who seek the
best in continuing education, play a key role in setting standards for
the highest quality internal medicine education and provide expertise
Access to Information
1. Access to the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (JVIM)
The Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine is an online, open access format. Journal articles from 1997 through the current issue are now available for free.
Active Diplomates and candidates receive a significant subsidized rate of $309 to publish an article in JVIM. The full rate is $1236 and the ACVIM covers the remaining $927 for our members. In order to qualify for the member rate, at least one author on the submitted manuscript must be an active ACVIM Diplomate or candidate.
2. Access to ACVIM360 with specialty communities and listservs, plus SIG communities with discussions on specific topics.
3. Keep up with current ACVIM news with the online News Room and get industry news by subscribing to the weekly NewsFlash.
Get started with the ACVIM research guide, request a search at AskMSL@library.tamu.edu or 979.845.7428 or receive PDF copies of requested items through the online Get It For Me service.
4. 35% discount to purchase Wiley Blackwell titles.
5. Enjoy a 25% discount and free shipping on CRC Press Books when you order online.
6. Online Diplomate Directory providing access to fellow Diplomates.
1. Advance notice and special registration rates for the ACVIM Forum.
2. Participation in the Specialty Symposium at the ACVIM Forum, with access to Diplomate-only education, specialty business meetings and networking functions.
3. Complimentary access to ACVIM Forum online proceedings.
4. Advanced Continuing Education courses open only to ACVIM Diplomates and candidates, designed to address your specialty.
Volunteer and Leadership Opportunities
1. Serve on committees that develop exams and credential processes for candidates.
2. Opportunities to supervise residents in ACVIM training programs.
3. Leadership opportunities to hone your personal and professional skills while shaping the future of ACVIM and advancement of specialty medicine.
Complete an online interest survey to apply.
Guidance and Policy Making
1. Voting privileges within the ACVIM and respective boarded specialty in order to guide governance of the college
2. Specialists in Private Practice have representation at Board of Regents level.
3. ACVIM provides quality assurance for residency programs through the Residency Training Oversight Task Force.
4. Representation by a Professional Liaison who serves to protect the rights of ACVIM Diplomates and upholds proper use of credentials.
Promotion of Specialty Medicine
1. Download marketing materials from the Diplomate Toolkit and promote your practice to primary care practitioners.
2. Promotion to animal owners as Board-certified specialists through the website VetSpecialists.com, a joint effort of the ACVIM and ACVS.
3. Use of official ACVIM Diplomate logo on business stationery and electronic mail.
1. 10% discount on online ACVIM Job Bank postings.
2. Free resume evaluation on the ACVIM Job Board.