The Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (JVIM)
is the official publication of the ACVIM, the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, the European College of Veterinary Neurology, and the European College of Equine Internal Medicine.
The mission of the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
is to advance veterinary medical knowledge and improve the lives of animals by publication of authoritative scientific articles of animal diseases. JVIM provides an international forum for communication and discussion of the latest developments in large and small animal internal medicine, cardiology, neurology, and oncology.
In January 2015, the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine moved to an online, open access format.
Articles submitted to the Journal which are accepted for publication will benefit from this open access model, taking readership to a global audience. In addition, Journal articles from 1997 through 2014 are now available for free.
As an author publishing in JVIM
you benefit from:
• Open access
—high visibility and free availability to a global audience on Wiley Online Library
• High standard, rigorous peer review
• Authors retain copyright—articles published under the Creative Commons Attribution License
• Article level metrics
and easy sharing
• Renowned editorial board
Download the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine app for Apple devices or for Android devices. Enjoy an entirely new browsing and reading experience, as the app keeps you up-to-date with the most important developments in veterinary internal medicine, wherever you are, whenever you want.
● Early View Articles - Rapid access to breaking research with articles updated as they publish.
● Download and save articles to your device - so you can view them wherever you are.
● Readable, print-like experience enhanced with dynamic figures, tables, and references.
● Adjust font and table size to your preference.
● Dynamic References show references in context.
● Full screen figure and table viewer.
● Convenient alerts when new issues are available.
● Share article abstract, figures or tables via email.
Access the Journal
JVIM continues to Grow
2.1 million downloads of articles in 2017, an increase of 16% over 2016, and an increase of 215% over 2014.
- 630,000 “unique” readers in 2017, with 266,000 in the first four months of 2018 – a 28% increase in readership in the first four months of this year over the same period last year.
- 73% of the articles in JVIM in 2017 had an Altmetric Score, as compared to 29% across all Wiley journals – an indicator of the impact of articles published in the Journal.
- Increased number of articles published – a 25% increase in 2018 over 2017.
- Worldwide readership with 36% of readers from the USA, with United Kingdom, Australia and Brazil being the next major users.
- Worldwide authorship – manuscripts submitted from 34 countries in 2017.
- Impact factor of 2.185 for 2017 (up from 2.016 in 2016), ranking the Journal as 12/140 among veterinary journals.
- Official journal of the ACVIM, ECVIM-CA, ECVN, and ECEIM.
- Double-blind review of all manuscripts submitted to the Journal.
- Free, online open access to all readers.