Walk This Way - To Better Health!
Jan 12, 2021
As we await widespread access to the COVID-19 vaccine, one socially distanced activity you can participate in that brings along numerous physical and mental health benefits is walking.
To reap health benefits, walk briskly for at least 30 minutes most days of the week. Even a 15-minute walk can help clear your mind, improve your mood, and boost your energy level.
If making this happen is a challenge, some suggestions to help you get moving include:
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible
- Choosing a parking spot farther away from your destination
- Take a walking call, when possible
- Vary the route you take. Find a local park or trail to explore
- Keep a walking log to track progress and hold yourself accountable
For more information on health benefits and some tips to get started, check out this Mayo Clinic article.
Please note: This article was written pre-pandemic. Adjust the recommendations accordingly.